Saturday, July 6, 2013

DIY: Painted Vases

Happy Saturday! Today is a bit of a rainy day, so obviously it's time to do some craftin'! I decided to show you one of my new favorites that I did recently, and which is also a very popular one. Drum roll please........ Painted jars!! Now please note, I do realize that this general idea is far from my own, but I wanted to show you the fun little personal touches I added to make it my own. So, here it is!




Pretty, huh? I am in love with these shades of blue together, but of course, you get to pick your own colors! So, here are your supplies:

  • Paint
  • Vase of Jar of your choice ( to demonstrate, I am using a mason jar because I already finished the vases, and don't have any clear ones.)
Step One: Make sure your vase or jar is clean and dry. Then start by squirting your paint into it. You will want to be generous with the amount you out in, but it is not a problem to just squirt in some more as needed.



Step Two: Tilt your jar and start turning it so that the paint will spread. I have found that hitting it lightly with your palm helps it to move a little faster.


Step Three: When you get to the top edges of your jar, feel free to get your hands messy! This is not necessary, but it can be difficult to cover the edges without getting paint everywhere. So what I do, is when it gets almost to the edges, take your finger and lightly spread it across the rest of the jar, covering the whole thing. Don't worry if some spots appear lighter than others on the inside, it will still look like the rest of the jar on the outside as long as you aren't pushing to hard.


Here is your finished product!



I love these so much because they are so simple, fast, and inexpensive, and they are SO pretty and can match any room!

Side note: I got the shelf at Micheal's and painted it black myself. I also got the flowers from Micheal's, but really any craft store will work. I also got the vases for .50 cents each at a thrift store.

Stay Crafty!

xoxo
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment