Sunday, July 7, 2013

Simple DIY Wall Decor: African Style

Greetings and Happy Sunday! So I have been going through this phase where I am obsessed with decorating everything African style. I just love it so much! But, being a poor college student, there are only so many things I can buy to satisfy my obsession. So I decided to start crafting things with an African style look to it. This is one of the things that i came up with.


I don't know about you, but I LOVE them! Especially because it was so cheap and simple.

Here are your supplies:

  • Wood plaques ( less than a dollar at most craft stores)
  • Paint/Paintbrush
  • Paper ( You don't have to use animal print like I did)
  • Scissors
  • Mod Podge
So these are the size and shape of plaques that I used. I know they are already partly done, but they were just plain wood when I got them.


Alright, so first thing you want to do is paint your wood. I chose three colors that I thought would best compliment the paper I was using. After you finish painting, be sure to let the paint dry all the way before you add the paper.

Second, you will want to measure the paper so that it fits on the face of the plaque without hanging over the edges.


Next, spread Mod Podge on the plaque, covering the entire face where the paper will be going.

Finally, make sure that when you are putting the paper on, start on one end and smooth the paper with your finger to the other end. This will eliminate any bubbles or wrinkles that might occur. Then just repeat these steps to do the others! This is how I decided to arrange mine on the wall.


Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave comments and suggestions!

xoxo
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment